Monday, December 27, 2010

"Yes, My Lord"

Well before, i start obsessing... COLLEGE FRIGGIN' APPS ARE DONE!!! NO MORE SUPPLEMENTS TO FILL OUT EVER AGAIN HELLZ YEAHH!!!!

Now its just time for auditions T_T

Now, where were we... Oh yes! That ever so familiar catchphrase I've lovingly quoted from our favorite demonic butler: Sebastian Michaelis. If you have no idea what I'm talking about and you're into anime, get your self our from under the rocks and LOOK UP THIS AWESOME SHOW. I've been obsessing over Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler for a while and like any delusional fangirl have been compulsively spoiling it for myself and search up the voice actors. However, for the very first time, I'm obsessing over the ENGLISH voice actor.

*LE GASP*

I'm sure all the Japanese Seiyuu purists out there are bound to find me and troll on about "How the english version sucks and doesn't do it justice and blah blah blah". Don't get me wrong, original Japanese voice acting pwns ANY english dub whatsover, but the work some of these people put in and their AMAZING talent can't be ignored. After searching up the cast of the English version of Black Butler (apparently 1 season DVD is just coming out this Jan. 11, 2011), I youtubed up a NY Comic-Con panel with the director of the show, Ian Sinclair (who also happens to voice Bard, and does it VERY well) and the English voice of Sebastian. American otakus, thank you for introducing me to the wonderful J. Michael Tatum.

Okay, so this guy has done some serious work in the US business of anime. He has had some pretty substantial roles and writes for Funimation and ADV. The fact that he voiced Kyouya from Ouran Host Club also gives him major brownie points in my department :D. i can't get enough of that panel session. Several times he busted out "Sebastian" mode, answering requests from fans to say that token "Yes my lord" (even in french), and he was just... My GOD, it was like a brassy, british eargasm. The best "question" of that night? A cosplayer, in character as Ciel, said she had a "problem" and asked Tatum, "Can you put on my shoes?". When Tatum was too busy cracking up, Ciel barked "Thats an order", and lo and behold, our J. Michael put her shoes on, as "Sebastian".

Oh yes, J. Michael Tatum if you are reading this, you can put on my shoes ANYDAY :)

After i recovered from my fangirl seizure in front of my laptop, I began revisiting some old favorites I hadn't visited since my first otaku spaz phase: Monica Riel (Renge, and more recently, Meirin :D), Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke and yes, Ben 10), Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric, JUNPEI IORI <3), Liam O'Brian (Gaara, AKIHIKO SANADA <3<3<3), Tara Strong (She plays so many parts i have to name whole shows, Teen Titans, Powerpuff Girls, Drawn Together, seriously this woman is everyone and everywhere). Note how all the men have worked on Persona 3 at some point... *smiles innocently*.

But seriously, English dubbers really do need some love people.

Hopefully that makes up for disappearing in a holiday coma, although its probably more to myself due to how no one is reading this... if anyone is reading this?

A Merry Late Christmas!!! 2011 is dawning upon us people WOOOOT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 MuseTown. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase