Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Chicago, Chicago..."

Okay, not really, more like Evanston. But regardless of where i am in Illinois one thing's for sure: I'M BACK IN THE US!!!

I'm actually not that jetlag mostly judging from my sleepyness right now (and its about 10 pm here in Chic- i mean Evanston). But it's going to catch up on me tmr.

After a wonderfully "comfortable" plane ride with a guy's reading light shining in my face, i collapsed in the Hilton and the first thing i thought when I walked into the room was "DAMN this is big!" Especially the fact that we're only staying in it 2 days. So we decided to walkout on our own to have dinner. Since it's Sunday most of them were closed early, so after strolling for 2 blocks and mentally remembering where the closest Barnes and Noble is (right across the street :D) and ate in a trendy Japanese restaurant next to the hotel called Futari. It was EXTREMELY good and i can't explain how happy I am to find decent Japanese food. I should have brought my camera cuz the rolls they made were also pretty and presented very well.

After stocking up on roadtrip food in CVS (we're driving straight to Ann Arbor after visiting Northwestern), I found a place that sold something i had not had in a VERY long time: frozen custard. A place called "Andy's" sold this really nice frozen custard and I downed a cup in like... 5 minutes. Anyone who is lactose intolerant I salute you for having the willpower to not each dairy products.

To sum it up, if you come up to Evanston, go eat at Andy's and Futari. Really, GO.

I'll be back in Evanston on Tuesday so i should be able to get some pictures of the place to make this block of text more interesting. Otherwise, its off to Northwestern tmr (2 blocks away from the hotel :D) then driving off to Ann Arbor to see UMich the following day!

Peace Out,

Tenshi

PS Changed time and date of blog entries to US time, EST because i'll be there for the majority of the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 MuseTown. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase