Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pack up your apples girls...

M... and head back to the tree

Kudos if you got the Gypsy reference.

So, while I should be stuffing various junk into my backpack i'm here wasting my time. I would have loved to show what the room looks like right now (I'm sitting on a knee-high pile of old papers as i type) but sadly my mother has already decided to pack the camera.

Aside from the lovely mess I was sorting through my old music from last year's Broadway Conservatory and I found Side Show's "Who Will Love Me As I Am". I decided to further procrastinate packing by rewatching the fierce duo Emily Skinner and Alice Ripley sing the same song. Ah Alice, we will miss you and your belt after you leave Next to Normal. Emily Skinner needs to be in more shows.

Fairy-belt mothers aside (ha ha, Battery's Down reference), my otaku side has currently reemerged after watching a video of the insanely talented Mamoru Miyano (宮野真守). For those sleeping under a rock in the world of anime, this Seiyuu has done a huge number of voices, including 2 of my favorite characters Suoh Tamaki (from Ouran Host Club) and Light Yagami (from Death Note). Yes... they are the same person. It takes talent to play a love-sick blond and a psychopath killer at the same time. See it for yourself:

Plus, he's HOT to boot :D. Since I watched Ouran first I could NOT take Light seriously cuz all that was popping into my head was a sappy french blond. Then i tried to watch Ouran again after Death Note, which resulted in some serious mental scarring.

Oh, and he's the voice of Death the Kid from SoulEater (another anime i should get to finishing). Go wiki him. Aya Hirano (平野 綾) is also another seiyuu (girl) that i've been obsessing over, but that will be saved for a later post (maybe when I rewatch Suzumiya Haruhi sometime soon).

Mother just called from afar after noticing the silence from this room. I should actually get to putting away the stack of papers i'm sitting on.

Flying out tomorrow to Chicago. Praying that the hotel wi-fi will suffice (and give me uncensored internet for the first time in 9 months!!!)

Peace out,
Tenshi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 MuseTown. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase